Accepted draft versions of many of my published articles are available through this page:
- Tidy, J. (forthcoming) ‘The Operation and Subversion of Gendered War Discourses: Soldierhood, Motherhood and Military Dissent in the Public Production of Kimberly Rivera’, International Feminist Journal of Politics.
- Tidy, J. 2016 ‘Visual Regimes and the Politics of War Experience: Rewriting war ‘from above’ in WikiLeaks’ Collateral Murder’, Review of International Studies. Available via FirstView: http://dx.doi.org/10.1017/S0260210516000164
- Tidy, J. 2016 ‘The Gender Politics of “Ground Truth” in the Military Dissent Movement: The Power and Limits of Authenticity Claims Regarding War’, International Political Sociology, 10(2), http://ips.oxfordjournals.org/cgi/reprint/olw003?ijkey=jl7e9lIRbkcxvAj&keytype=ref
- Tidy, J. 2015 ‘Forces Sauces and Eggs for Soldiers: food, nostalgia, and the rehabilitation of the British military‘, Critical Military Studies, 3(1), 220-232 http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/pdf/10.1080/23337486.2015.1011439 Also available as an accepted draft version here.
- Tidy, J. 2015 ‘Gender, Dissenting Subjectivity and the Contemporary Military Peace Movement in Body of War’, International Feminist Journal of Politics,17(3), 454-472 http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/pdf/10.1080/14616742.2014.967128 Also available in an accepted draft version here.
- Kadir, S and Tidy, J. 2013. ‘Gays, Gaze and Aunty Gok: The Disciplining of Gender and Sexuality in How to Look Good Naked’, Feminist Media Studies, 13:2, 177-191, http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.108/14680777.2011.604342#.UddXEFMYL-m
- Tidy, J. 2012, ‘The Social Construction of Identity: Israeli Foreign Policy and the 2006 War In Lebanon’, Global Society, 26:4, 535-556 http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/13600826.2012.710597 Also available as an accepted draft version here.
- Tidy, J. ‘(Re)producing an (anti)military masculinity: Popular culture representations of gender and military dissent in the figure of Ron Kovic’, Forthcoming in Handbook on Gender and the Military, Rachel Woodward and Claire Duncanson (editors), Palgrave.
- Tidy, J. 2011. ‘Reviews: US Military Opposition to the War in Iraq’, International Journal of Contemporary Iraqi Studies, Vol. 5. No. 1, pp.160-163
- Tidy, J. 2011. ‘Reviews: ‘Re-Imagining the War on Terror: Seeing, Waiting, Travelling‘, International Journal of Contemporary Iraqi Studies, Vol. 5. No. 2, pp. 304-306